Clopidogel is an antiplatelet agent that is instrumental in preventing the blood in veins and arteries from clotting. This becomes vital for those suffering and recovering from cardiovascular disorders like a stroke or a heart-attack. It could recur if the blood is allowed to clot in the arteries.
It is useful in coronary artery diseases, cerebrovascular diseases, and peripheral vascular diseases and in the prevention of myocardial infarction. Clapidogrel is an important ingredient of Plavix. Plavix is also recommended for the treatment of unstable angina or peripheral artery disease. Available in tablets of 75mg and 300mg, Plavix is also used for the treatment of other disorders.
The Clopidogrel content of Plavix acts by inhibiting the aggregation of platelets on cell membranes. It acts on the platelet cell membrane, the point of aggregation of platelets. It prevents the coagulation of blood in arteries due to a disorder of the heart or blood vessels.
Plavix is instrumental in lowering the ability of the blood to clot easily, so some precaution needs to be taken. Like all other health-supplements and medicines, Plavix too must be taken strictly as per the instructions of the medical practitioner.
How to take Plavix
Stick to the recommendations of the physician when trying out Plavix. The prescribed amount should be adhered to, and one should not cross the lower and upper limits at any cost. Adults are supposed to take 75mg of Plavix everyday. The ideal dose may vary as per the gender, age and weight of the individual seeking treatment.
It does not make much of a difference if a certain dose of Plavix is missed. It could be made up by consuming Plavix at any time. But two doses should never be combined because of failure to stick to the usual course. Complications could arise because of an overdose, and a physician should be consulted immediately.
Some side-effects like unusual bleeding, blood in the stools, blood in cough, weakness, fatigue, chest pain, easily getting bruised, headache, confusion, etcetera. Medical help should be sought immediately if these symptoms persist for a long time.
Before beginning a dose of Plavix, it would serve to get some information on the advantages and disadvantages of the medicine.
- The instructions on the prescription label should be read and followed properly.
- Be sure to consult a physician before trying out Plavix because you might be allergic to certain chemicals or medicines.
- Those suffering form a disorder of the kidney, heart, liver, stomach, ulcers, blood clotting disorder or any other should inform the doctor of it, and begin the dose only after his or her recommendation.
- The compatibility of any medicine with Plavix should be determined before it could be tried out practically. Discuss everything with the doctor first.
- A consultation with a doctor or a dentist would help if you are about to undergo a surgery of some sort. Do make sure Plavix doesn’t interfere in any manner with the other treatment.
- It would be better to avoid situations where you could get bruised or injured. Plavix inhinbits clotting of blood, so it could prove to be detrimental to you.
- Be sure to consult your doctor before you change the dose or completely stop taking the medicine.
- The safe use of Plavix might involve some blood tests prescribed by the doctor to make sure it is safe for you.
- Store at room temperature away from heat and moisture.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.