Tenormin (Atenolol) – Medical Facts You Should Know About This Drug
What Is Tenormin (Atenolol)?
Atenolol belongs to the family of beta blockers. It is famous all over the world with various brand names like Atenol, Noten, Selinol, Betablok, Tenlol and many others. Tenormin is manufactured by AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals. It was approved by FDA in August 1981.
It is used in the treatment of various problems such as angina, hypertension and acute myocardial infarction. It works by lowering the high blood pressure thereby decreasing the risk of heart related problems.
How to use Tenormin?
It is always advisable to use Tenormin under the supervision of doctor.
The dosage amount depends on your health condition and how you respond to the treatment.
The medicine is available as 25 mg, 50 mg and 100 mg tablets. It is also available as syrup and injections. It should be taken orally with a glass of water usually once in a day. It can be taken with or without food.
Ensure that you complete the entire medication course. If you leave it incomplete then you are just prolonging the medication period. No harm is caused if you miss any dose but see to it that you do not take extra doses to make up with the missed ones.
The medicine should be stored at room temperature. Ensure that it is kept away from sunlight and moisture. Throw away unused medicine after its expiry.
• Inactive ingredients like sodium starch glycolate, magnesium stearate, povidone and many others are present in Tenormin. These ingredients can cause allergies inside your body. Hence consult your doctor before medication.
• Kidney diseases, liver diseases, breathing problems, blood circulation problems may be aggravated by use of this medicine.
• Avoid drinking alcohol when you are on the medication.
• Consult your doctor before medication if you are suffering from diabetes.
• Drink plenty of water throughout the medication period.
• The medicine may harm the baby in the womb if you are pregnant. Inform your doctor regarding the same.
• Since Tenormin passes into breast milk, it can harm the baby during breastfeeding.
Top 5 benefits of using Tenormin
• Tenormin is safe for the kidney as it does not any harmful side effects. This is one of the reasons why it is preferred over other similar type medications.
• It remains in blood for a longer duration of time. Hence, only one dose is taken per day.
• It causes minimum side effects – of any - as compared to other medicines of same class.
• It can also be used to treat anxiety and related disorders.
• This is an FDA approved drug.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.
Create New Account