Diabetes involves the inability of the body to produce insulin. In the absence of insulin, blood sugar levels rise; this could be detrimental to good health. There could be long term damage, dysfunction or failure of some organs. This way, Amaryl reduces the risk of kidney, eyes and nerve damage by pushing down the risks of type 2 diabetes.
Amaryl helps control blood sugar levels. It could be used in combination with insulin and any other diabetic medicine. Available in tablets of 1mg, 2mg and 4mg, it finds application for other medical conditions too besides treatment of diabetes.
Amaryl is prescribed when type 2 diabetes cannot be controlled by exercise or a good diet. It is an oral sulfonylurea containing glimepiride. It stimulates the secretion of insulin from the pancreas into the blood stream, and thus pushing down the blood sugar level. The magic of Amaryl works out in the best form when it is consumed as per the instructions of the doctor for the complete period of prescription.
How to take Amaryl
Amaryl is meant to be taken orally after breakfast or the first meal of the day. Adults are supposed to take 1mg or 2mg daily. The dose varies as per the patient's glycemic response among other things like severity of disorder, age, gender and weight of the patient. Those with a high risk of hypoglycemia are supposed to begin with a 1mg dose everyday.
Regularity and punctuality in taking Amaryl would always yield positive results. If a dose is missed or forgotten, it is advised to be taken as soon as it comes to one's mind. But don't take two doses together. An overdose could be detrimental to health.
Side-effects like nausea, diarrhea, swellings, rashes or allergies, symptoms of flu, fever, change in color of urine, etc could be felt. Expert medical professionals would be the best persons to help you out.
- Discuss all the merits and demerits of Amaryl with your physician before taking to it. Be sure to read all warnings and instructions on the label too.
- An ailment of heart, kidney, liver or any other disorder should be discussed with the physician.
- An allergy to any medicine should be discussed with the physician. Do consult your physician before taking any other medicine besides Amaryl. It could interfere with the treatment.
- Women going through pregnancy and child bearing should consult a medical practitioner before beginning with Amaryl.
- Regular checkups would be required to effect a monitoring of the body’s response to Amaryl.
- Consumption of alcohol and exposure to sunlight should be avoided while taking in Amaryl.
- Always consult a physician before altering the dose of Amaryl.
- Keep all medicines including Amaryl out of reach of children.
- Store Amaryl at room temperature away from heat and moisture.
Create New Account