Losartan or Cozaar has been popularly used to treat instances of hypertension and other disorders since its release in the year 2010 by FDA. The medication was given an approval for clinical use in April, 1995.
The Cozaar name has stuck with the angiotensin II antagonist. It belongs to the angiotensin receptor blocker class.
- It has proved its mettle in delivering heart patients from the risk of heart stroke.
- Cozaar has been instrumental in curbing the growth of Type 2 diabetes.
- Cozaar is an Angiotensin-II receptor antagonist. It is the ideal for prescription for people beyond the age of 50. They cannot cope with other type of heavy receptors.
- Cozaar is used to treat Proteinuria, where the urine has an abnormal content of protein. The role of Cozaar is to lower the content of protein in the urine and save the kidneys from damage.
Cozaar offers relief and succor to people's body and mind in all cases where it is applicable. This way, it lets people go about their daily routine without much effort.
Cozaar reduces high blood pressure by dilating the blood vessels of the body and relaxes the body muscles too. This way, it has been found to be very effective in delivering relief from hypertension and disorders of blood pressure.
How to Take Cozaar?
In the ideal case, a dose of Cozaar should begin with the minimum dose, which should be raised in view of the patient's response and adaptation. The tablets are meant to be taken in the oral form on an empty stomach or they could be taken after meals too.
The dose with which to begin would be 20 to 25mg in case of adults, which would be the minimum dose. This could be raised to 100mg in the due course of time, which is the maximum dose. Children of 6 years or more should be delivered a dose of 0.7mg per kg of their weight. This could go on to 50mg per kg of their weight. They are supposed to consume a single dose in a day.
Some side-effects are likely to occur while you are on a dose of Cozaar. You could find yourself with
- Flu or cold symptoms such as sneezing, stuffy nose, fever, sore throat
- Dry cough
- Pain in back or legs
- Muscle cramps
- Dizziness, headache
- Feeling tired
- And insomnia.
Though Cozaar is very good for delivering relief from hypertension and related disorders, yet still you need to take a few precautions while on a dose of Cozaar.
- Pregnant ladies and those mothers involved in breast-feeding should always consult a physician before trying on Cozaar.
- If you are using another medicine besides Cozaar while you are on a dose of Cozaar, do share this information with your physician. He could examine whether the two drugs are compatible with each other.
- Those with complications of the liver, heart and kidney must always consult the physician before trying out Cozaar.
- Those allergic to Cozaar or any of its ingredients should consult a physician and discuss all the implications of the allergy before trying out Cozaar.
- Cozaar should not be subscribed to without the guidance of a medical expert.
- Never take a double dose to replace a dose you have forgotten. This might lead to complications subject to overdose of Cozaar.
Create New Account