This is an antineoplastic drug prescribed for treatment of melanoma or skin cancer, metastic cancer of the ovaries, a cancer of white blood cells called chronic myelocytic leukemia (CML), neck and head cancer (along with radiation therapy), essential thrombocytosis and polycythemia Vera and others. It is also used in adult patients with sickle anemia to reduce need for blood transfusions and prevent pain. This medicine may be prescribed for any other medical condition by your doctor. It is available in 500mg tablet form. It is important to read the prescription label or discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the medicine with your doctor.
Hydrea acts as ribonucleotide reductase inhibitor and causes immediate inhibition of DNA synthesis, without interfering with the synthesis of ribonucleic acid or of protein. This medicine is readily absorbed after it is taken orally. Peak plasma level is reached in 1 to 4 hours of administration of the medicine. Along with destroying the cancerous cells this medicine may destroy some good cells of the body too, so discuss full implication of the medicine with your doctor. For the medicine to work effectively it should be taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor and for the full prescribed period.
How to take Hydrea
Hydrea is taken orally with water. Drink plenty of water while you are taking the medicine.
Dosage will vary from person to person and will depend on severity and type of the disease the person is being treated for, age, sex and weight of the patient etc.
Avoid skipping any dose. If you have missed any dose then take it as soon as you remember. Do not take any two doses together. In case of consumption of overdose of Hydrea take immediate medical help.
The medicine should be taken in exact amount prescribed and strictly under medical supervision.
Some people may experience certain side effects like anemia due to low blood count, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, mouth sores, poor appetite, darkening of skin, hair loss, and other symptom may be seen. In case any symptom becomes severe then immediately take medical help.
- If you have hypersensitivity to any medicine, then inform your doctor before starting on Hydrea. If you are taking or have to take any other medicine along with this medicine then first consult your doctor if it is safe for you to take the medicine or not.
- In case you are pregnant or breast feeding then consult your doctor before starting on this drug.
- Discuss your full medical history with your doctor and inform in case you have any serious disease of anemia, gout, bone marrow, and leucopenia, HIV or AIDS, kidney or liver disease or any other.
- Try to avoid contacting any infection or injury as this medicine may make you prone to infections.
- You may be asked to go in for regular checkups and lab tests for proper monitoring of the response of the medicine. Do not avoid any of these.
- Keep out of reach of children and store at room temperature.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.