Indomehacin or Indocin is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication popularly used to treat stiffness of joints, swelling of different parts of the body as well as pain and fever. Although it is non-steroidal, it should not be taken without the prescription of a physician. Consuming it without the advice of a physician could result in disastrous consequences.
The medication is used for treating several disorders and complications arising from several disorders.
- Those suffering from low blood-pressure are bound to find Indocin to be a boon.
- Incurable disorders like Ankylosing spondylitis could be treated with Indocin with ease.
- It is always a safe option as compared to other medications with ugly side-effects.
The best part of Indocin is that it is available as an oral suspension, extend-release capsules and even as tablets. It is basically a medication with anti-inflammatory properties capable of lowering pain, swelling and stiffness in different parts of the body. Being non-steroidal, it could not be addictive or harmful in any manner. So, it is always the ideal solution when you have pain in any part of your body.
How to Take Indocin?
The dose of Indocin largely depends on the overall health of an individual. His or her response to the treatment would also determine the dosage. When Indocin is to be administered to young children, their body weight should be taken into consideration.
The medication is available in several different forms. You can gulp the tablet form down your throat with the help of a glass of water or milk. The medication could be taken on an empty stomach or even on a full stomach after meals. Use of antacids is recommended to avoid stomach disorders.
The capsule form of Indocin should be swallowed in the whole form instead of crushing it or chewing it.
Some side-effects have been reported to be associated with the use of Indocin. You might experience nausea, headache, vomiting, and skin irritation. Rush to a doctor at once if you find any of these beyond tolerable limits.
- Whenever a dose of Indocin is combined with any other medication, it should be brought to the notice of the physician.
- All allergies to non-steroidal medications should be shared with the physician. You just might develop an allergic reaction after consuming Indocin.
- The doctor should be consulted before beginning with a dose of Indocin if you have a family history of kidney diseases, liver diseases, heart related issues and asthma.
- avoid smoking and alcohol consumption throughout the medication process because it might lead to internal bleeding in the stomach.
- The physician needs to be consulted before the medication is administered to children and elderly people. They might develop some serious side-effects or allergies.
- Pregnant women should not take the medication, particularly in the first and last trimester of the pregnancy. Consumption of Indocin during pregnancy might harm the foetus and lead to unwanted complications during delivery.
- The medication could pass into the breast milk of lactating mothers, so those breast-feeding babies should avoid subscribing to Indocin.