- Anti Viral
|Our price||Per pill|
|Our price||Per pill|
Aciclovir is an anti-viral agent used for the treatment of cold mouth sores (Herpes Simplex), shingles (Herpes Zoster), glandular fever and chickenpox. The medication has no therapeutic benefits, which means that the drug only halts the progression of the infection and reduce the intensity of pain or itching associated with the infections, but doesn’t kill the virus. The medication actively fights against the growth of viral species, such as Herpes Simplex, Epstein Barr and Varicella Zoster. The medication is effective against the viral infections in the patients having a weak immune system. Aciclovir can be prescribed for other purposes by the doctor, not mentioned here. The medication is available in the dosage strengths of 200mg, 400mg and 800mg. It is also used as an ophthalmic ointment for certain eye infections and cold sore cream.
Being an anti-viral medication, Aciclovir offers well-being by ceasing the growth process of the infection. The medication gets converted into its active form, Acyclovir Monophosphate, an enzyme found in the Thymidine Kinase virus. The human enzymes further encourage its conversion into Triphosphate. This acts on the infected cells and treats the contagion. The medication renders good results when consumed regularly in every 2-3 hours.
How to take Aciclovir
Aciclovir must be used as prescribed by the physician, and for the total recommended period. Follow all guidelines mentioned on the prescription label. The medication comes in the form of tablets, to be consumed orally with water, before or after the meals. The dosage is determined as per the type of the infection and degree of the recovery. It is further decided on the basis of factors, such as age and body volume. Avoid skipping any dosage from the schedule. Do not overdose.
Aciclovir side effects are dizziness, headache, unusual swelling, abdominal pain, skin reactions, vertigo and diarrhea. If your condition worsens, seek medical help immediately.
- Avoid using Aciclovir drug if you are allergic to the medication or any ingredient of its composition. If you have suffered any allergy from any medication of similar nature, inform your doctor about it.
- Consume the medication with excessive care if you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby.
- Drink plenty of water or liquids while using this medication.
- Do not perform any unsafe activities if you feel drowsy after using the medication.
- Do not bring this drug close to children.
- Caution must be exercised in old patients.
- Avoid prescribing the drug to other patients having similar symptoms.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.