Calcium channel blockers group of medicines are found to be instrumental in treating hypertension. They are also helpful in reducing angina or chest pain. Heart rhythm disorders like atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter are also treated with these medicines.
Some doctors might prescribe it for treatment of other conditions as well. Cardizem is supposed to be ingested as long as the doctor recommends its use. Some signs of recovery from the disorders it aims to rectify should not put an end to the dose. The doctor should be consulted before putting an end to the dose.
Diltiazem is the agent in Cardizem that is responsible for the magic it brings about. You would experience a relaxation of the muscles of the blood vessels and heart as a result of the dose. This in turn lowers the rate at which the heart beats and effects a normal heart rhythm. It ensures an easy flow of blood through the veins and arteries and so, the heart needs to make some less effort while it pumps blood through the body.
For the best results, be careful to stick to the dosage directed by the physician. Never think of stopping the dose unless directed by the physician.
How to take Cardizem
Cardizem is meant to be ingested orally with water. It could be taken on an empty stomach, and it would work as well if your stomach is full. The dosage might be altered slightly by your physician in view of the progress you would display.
Always swallow the tablet as a whole. It is not meant to be chewed or ingested in the crushed form. You should take all doses at the appropriate time, and none should be missed or skipped. If you happen to miss or skip a dose, you could always compensate for the loss whenever you think of it. But take care not to take two doses at the same instance.
The ideal dose for a person depends on the severity of the condition the patient finds himself in. Among other factors on which the dosage depends are age, gender and weight of the patient. So, the dose depends on the individual.
Blood pressure should be controlled by manipulating the diet, maintaining a strict regimen of physical exercise. This could mean a change in your lifestyle.
Cardizem is associated with some side-effects like dizziness, nausea, headache, diarrhea, drowsiness, swelling, rashes, allergies, fatigue, etc. The physician should be consulted at the earliest if any of these symptoms seem to be fatal.
- Be sure to read all the instructions and precautions cited on the health-supplement.
- Intimate your doctor of all the allergies you face.
- Your doctor would be the best person to guide you about any other medicine you might plan to consume while you are on a dose of Cardizem.
- Keep the doctor in close touch with all of your medical history. If you have a family history of a disease of heart, liver, kidney disease or any other disorder like diabetes, weak immune system etc., do keep the doctor informed of it.
- Never drive when under the influence of Cardizem because it could make you dizzy.
- Be sure to keep a tab of your blood-pressure while you are on a dose of Cardizem.
- children, elderly, pregnant ladies and ladies who are breast feeding should consume Cardizem with caution and care.
- Avoiding drinking fruit juices especially grape juice when you are on a dose of Cardizem.
- Store at room temperature.
Create New Account