Astelin is a nasal spray indicated for use of relieving symptoms of seasonal allergies in adults and children. It also relieves symptoms caused by environmental irritants like chemical odors, perfumes, cigarette smoke, exhaust fumes and others. The symptoms of allergies include runny or stuffy nose, watery eyes, sneezing and postnasal drip. It may be prescribed for any other purpose not mentioned here. It is available in 30ml spray bottle form.
This medicine contains active ingredient called azelastine. This is an antihistamine spray which works by blocking the histamine produced in body which is the main cause of allergic symptoms. Blocking histamine reduces allergic symptoms like runny and itchy nose, sneezing etc. Getting any form of allergy specially sneezing, runny nose may drain you out and make you feel sick the whole day. So it is very important to take correct dosage as directed by the doctor for the medicine to work efficiently and relieve the symptoms as soon as possible.
How to take Astelin
The usual adult dosage is 1 to 2 sprays in both nostrils twice daily or as prescribed by the doctor. Do not use in larger or lesser amount than instructed by the doctor.
Use the nasal spray in correct way, gently blow and clear your nose before using the spray after using the spray wipe the tip with clean tissue.
If symptoms do not clear or do become worse then call your doctor immediately.
Do not skip any dose. If you miss any dose then take it as soon as you remember, but if it is close to the next dose then avoid it, as two doses should not be taken together.
There may be certain side effects of the medicine like shortness of breath, tightness in chest, swelling of facial parts, difficult breathing, irregular heartbeats, headache, drowsiness, bitter taste in mouth, dry mouth or throat, nausea or any other. If you find any symptom becoming severe then immediately call your doctor.
Before starting on any new medicine you must read the prescription label very properly and also follow doctor’s advice. Along with this you need to take certain other precautions like
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to any medicine. If you are taking any other medicine that should also be reported to doctor so that he is aware if any medicine will react with Astelin or not.
- If you are suffering from any serious illness then inform our doctor about it and discuss you full medical history with your doctor before taking Astelin.
- This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy so do not drive alone while taking this medicine.
- Alcohol consumption may have an adverse effect; avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine.
- In case you are pregnant or nursing a child, consult your doctor before taking Astelin.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Store it at room temperature away from direct sunlight and moisture. Do not freeze the medicine.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.