Having symptoms of seasonal allergy can really put you down and you do not want to take any anti allergic medicine which may make you feel drowsy. In this case your doctor may recommend you Claritin which is a non drowsy, fast acting, 24 hour relief from allergies medicine. It is an antihistamine medicine prescribed for treatment of symptoms of seasonal allergies like sneezing, watery eyes, runny and itchy nose and throat etc. It is also prescribed for treatment of skin hives and itching in people with chronic skin reactions. It may be prescribed for other medical conditions not mentioned here. It is available in tablet and oral solution form.
This medicine contains active ingredient called loratadine and is an antihistamine medicine. It reduces the effect of natural chemical- histamine, in body which is the main cause behind the allergy symptoms like sneezing, runny nose etc. To make the medicine work more efficiently exact and full dose recommended by the doctor should be taken. Medicine taken at evenly spaced out intervals and for full time period prescribed for works more efficiently.
How to take Claritin
This medicine should be taken exactly as prescribed by doctor. Usually it is taken orally with plenty of water.
Adult dose is one tablet once in 24 hours or as prescribed by the doctor. Oral solution should be measured exactly and taken. Dosage will depend on the symptoms and its severity the person is suffering from. While prescribing the dose, doctor also takes into account the age, sex, and weight of the patient.
Do not alter dose or stop taking medicine without consulting doctor.
If you miss any dose take when you remember, but make sure not to take any two doses together. In case you take an overdose by mistake then immediately contact your doctor.
For Claritin Redi tabs do not swallow it, keep on your tongue and allow it to dissolve.
There may be certain side effects of the medicine like nausea, headache, swellings, pains, rashes, breathing trouble, diarrhea, sore throat, dry mouth etc. if you find any symptom turning severe immediately consult your doctor.
Do read the prescription label available along with the medicine for full information of the medicine. You also need to take certain precautions like:
- If you have any illness related to heart, kidney, liver or any other then inform your doctor.
- If you are allergic to any medicine then doctor need to be informed about it before you start on Claritin. If you are taking any medicine then ask doctor if it is safe to take Claritin along with it.
- Consult doctor in case you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breast feeding, before starting on this medicine.
- Do not give Claritin to children below 6 years of age without consulting doctor.
- This medicine should be taken strictly under medical super vision especially in case of children and elderly.
- Store at room temperature and away from direct sunlight and moisture.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.