What is the purpose of Zyrtec?
Excess of the chemical histamine in the body which can cause various symptoms such as itching, sneezing, runny nose and watery eyes. Zyrtec is a medicine that is used to treat the above symptoms by reducing the effects that happens because of histamine in the body. Apart from the above it is also used in treating swelling and itching that is caused by hives or chronic urticaria.
Precaution when using Zyrtec
- Using Zyrtec can sometime impair your reactions or thinking powers. One is required to be extra careful while driving as you are required to be alert in such situation.
- Drinking of alcohol is prohibited when using Zyrtec. This is because it might increase the various side effects that come with using the medicine.
- If taking any other medicines such as allergy medicine, sleeping pills, narcotic pain medicine, medicines for depression, seizures or anxiety, muscle relaxers and the likes, then the doctor should be informed about it.
- Medical attendance may be required if the condition does not improve after using the medicine for long period of time.
- If allergic to cetirizine then Zyrtec should not be used.
- It is wise to inform the doctor if you are a mother nursing a baby or if you have conceived.
- Older adults should follow the dose prescribed by the doctor strictly as over dose may cause serious problem.
Dosage and Administration
Zyrtwc should be taken as directed by the doctor. Smaller or larger quantities can pose danger. The medicine can be consumed without or with food too. It is a chewable tablet that has to be chewed properly before swallowing it. For liquid Zyrtec the medicine should be measured in the measuring spoon before consuming it. The medicine should be stored in moderate temperature. If the symptoms show no signs of improvement or if you have fever then doctor should be consulted immediately.
In case of missing a dose then taking the dose immediately as soon as you remember is a wise decision. However extra medicine should not be consumed for compensating the missing dose.
Side Effects of Zyrtec
Consuming Zyrtec has its own disadvantages and advantages. While the advantage is in the form of cure of the disease, the disadvantages may come in the form of various side effects. Some common side effects are drowsiness, dizziness, dry mouth, tired feeling, constipation, cough, sore throat, headache and many more. While such symptoms as above will go away gradually, there may be some serious side effects as well. These may include uneven, pounding or fast heartbeat, tremors, weakness, sleep problem, hyperactivity, restless feeling, confusion, problem seeing and less urination or no urination at all. Such serious side effects if faced should be reported immediately to the doctor and adequate measures should be taken.
Zyrtec Buying information
The medicine Zyrtec can easily be purchased from online pharmacies at a great price. This is because online stores offer great discounts and the facility of dropping the medicines at your address too.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.