When there is any allergic reaction in our body, natural substance such as histamine and serotonin get released. The allergy symptoms may be in the form of runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing, itching nose/eyes, itching and hives. The medicine works by preventing such natural substances getting released and thereby relieving you from the symptoms.
Dosage and Administration
The medicine should be used after consultation with the doctor. It is a tablet which has to be taken by mouth. It can be taken before or after meal. It is to be taken 2 to 3 times in a day. If using the liquid form of the medicine then the dose needs to be carefully measured using the measuring spoon or device. It is wise not to use the household spoon as that might end up giving the incorrect measurement.
The medicine should not be given to a child who is younger than 4 years of age. In case of missing a dose, the dose should be taken as soon as you remember. However, skip the dose, if the time for your next dose is very near. Extra medicine should not be consumed to make up for the dose that has been missed. In case of overdosing medical attention should be sought immediately as it might lead to some serious side effects.
Side effects of Cyproheptadine
The most common side effects when Cyproheptadine is consumed is dizziness, mild drowsiness, feeling of restlessness, tired feeling, sleep problem, numbness, blurred vision, increased sweating, appetite change, urination, dry mouth, upset stomach, diarrhea, nausea, constipation and the likes.
Some time when Cyproheptadine is in taken it might result in serious side effects which would require medical attention such as seizure, confusion, unusual thought, bleeding, easy bruising, urinating less, yellow or pale skin color, unusual weakness, fever and many more. In case any of the above is experienced then doctor should be consulted immediately.
Precaution when in taking Cyproheptadine
Before in taking Cyproheptadine certain precautions should be taken such as:
- It is always advisable to consult a doctor before giving the medicine to a child. Giving medicines to young children can some time prove fatal.
- If allergic to cyproheptadine, then Cyproheptadine should not be consumed.
- In case suffering from glaucoma, stomach obstruction, stomach ulcers, urination problem, enlarged prostate, asthma attack, heart disease, high blood pressure or an over active thyroid then before taking the medicine doctor should be consulted before in taking the medicine.
- One should be careful while driving or doing anything that requires you to be alert.
- Drinking alcohol should be avoided as it might lead to increased side effects.
- The medicine should be stored in a good condition away from heat and moisture .
Cyproheptadine is available in almost all the online pharmaceuticals stores. It can be purchased online with just few clicks. Such stores offers great discounts and services such as dropping the medicines at your doorstops. Moreover the medicines provided are the ones that have latest manufacturing dates too.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.