- Anti Viral
- Lamivudine + Zidovudine
Combivir contains an effective combination of Lamivudine and Zidovudine, used for suppressing the growth of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in the body. The medication belongs to the class of drugs ‘Reverse Transcript Inhibitors’, which is prescribed when individual medications fail to provide any relief. Combivir does not have any curative benefits, but only decreases the acuteness of the disease. A tablet of the medication contains 150 milligrams of Lamivudine and 300 milligrams of Zidovudine.
Combivir medication contains the combination of two anti-retroviral drugs - Lamivudine and Zidovudine. The medication hampers the development of HIV virus by restricting the release of Transcriptase, an enzyme produced by the HIV necessary for the survival. The enzyme gradually circulates infecting the human cells and deteriorates the condition by impairing the human defense system. The combination of Lamivudine and Zidovudine works best when coupled with the anti-viral medications. This reduces the seriousness of the disease by eliminating the infection from the body. However, the infection caused by HIV persists in the body. The drug only delays the damage of the immune system.
How to take Combivir
Considering the severity of the disease, Combivir must be strictly consumed as prescribed by the physician. Use the medication for the complete length of treatment, and read the prescription leaflet to gain crucial information about this life-saving drug.
Combivir medication comes in the form of tablets, to be used in every 12 hours i.e. Twice a day. This is an oral medication, that can be used either with or without meals. However, the doctor may change the dosing schedule after examining the medical condition and factors like weight and age. The usual period of treatment may go up to 28 days.
If you are HIV-infected, do not get close to people suffering from infections or are sick.
Combivir side effects are unusual swelling, skin reactions, extremely low WBC count, respiratory problems, Low RBC concentration, sleeplessness, nausea, appetite loss, cardio diseases and other unpleasant conditions. If your side effect aggravate, strive for medical intervention immediately.
- Hypersensitive patients must not use this medication. If you have dealt with any infection caused by the any of the two ingredients, inform your doctor surely.
- Patients suffering from or have suffered from any kidney or liver disease, pancreas disease, Hepatitis A or any other serious condition must use this medication with care.
- Lactic Acidosis is the most serious side effect caused by the medication. If you encounter any problem, such as extreme weakness, muscle cramps, dizziness or breathing problem, tell your doctor immediately.
- Keep this medication away from the reach of children. If the medication is prescribed for children or elderly patients, exercise caution.
- Pregnant mothers must use this drug under strict medical supervision.
- Do not resort to activities, such as sharing the needles, injections, razor blades, toothbrushes etc, as it can transmit the infection to other people. Patients suffering from HIV infection must not involve in unprotected sex. Use of latex condoms is advisable.
- Do not breastfeed the infant while using Combivir.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.