- Anti Viral
|Our price||Per pill|
Zerit is an antiviral medicine that prevents human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) cells from spreading and multiplying in a body. In combination with other antiretroviral agents, it is indicated for treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) which causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). It is not a cure for HIV or AIDS. It may be prescribed for any other purpose not mentioned here, by your doctor. It is available in 15mg, 20mg, 30mg and 40mg capsules form. It is also available in oral solution form.
Zerit contains active ingredient stavudine, which is a nucleoside analog reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NARTI) which is active against HIV. It is a thymidine analog. It is phosphorylated into active triphosphate by cellular kinases. Stavudine triphosphate inhibits the HIV reverse transcriptase by competing with natural substrate, thymidine triphosphate. This medicine is widely used in developing countries due to its low cost and easy availability. For the medicine to work efficiently it should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor and for the full time period prescribed for.
How to take Zerit
Take Zerit exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Take the exact dose prescribed. Do not alter dose without consulting the doctor. Doctor himself will regulate the dose as the treatment proceeds.
If you have missed any dose then take it as soon as you remember, but do not take two doses together. In case of overdose, immediately contact your doctor.
Dosage of Zerit depends on weight of the patient. Usual adult dose for patient weighing less than 60kg is 30mg every 12 hours and for patients weighing more than 60kg is 40mg every 12 hours. For children weighing less than 30kg is 1mg/kg given every 12 hours. If there is any change in your weight then inform your doctor as dose may be required to be altered. Do take the dose strictly as recommended by the doctor.
There may be certain side effects of this medicine like lactic acidosis, fatigue, troubled breathing, stomach ache, nausea, diarrhea, fever, chills, irregular weight changes, liver problems or any other problem. If any symptom becomes severe take immediate medical help.
- If you are allergic to any medicine then inform your doctor beforehand. If you are taking medicine for any other illness then also inform your doctor so as avoid any mal interaction of two medicines.
- In case you are suffering from any illness like renal impairment, hepatic impairment, immune system problems, pancreas disorder, diabetes, or any other serious medical illness then inform your doctor about it before starting on the medicine.
- In case you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant or are breast feeding then consult doctor before taking Zerit.
- Patients with HIV should be educated about certain dos and don’ts so as not to transfer the virus to others like: Do not share your personal belongings like tooth brush, razor blade, scissors, injection needles etc with others, do not have unprotected sex, do not breast feed etc.
- Patients should be informed of all the adverse reactions which may occur while taking this medicine.
- Store the medicine at room temperature.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.