Floxin contains active ingredient called ofloxacin which is an antibiotic belonging to fluoroquinolones group of drugs. This medication helps fight bacteria in body. It is prescribed to treat bacterial infections of skin, prostate, lungs, urinary tract. It is also prescribed for pelvis inflammatory disease and Chlamydia and gonorrhea, chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, urethritis, Otitis Media, etc. It may be prescribed for any other medical condition not mentioned here, by the doctor
This medicine inhibits bacterial DNA gyrase, which in turn prevents DNA replication and transcription, recombination, DNA repair and in the process causes bacterial cell death. For this medicine to work effectively it should be taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor and for the full length of time period prescribed for. This medicine is well absorbed in the body and starts working within one to two hours of administration. This medicine works more effectively if constant level is maintained in the body, so try to take the medicine at same time every day.
How to take Floxin
Follow the instructions on the label and instructions given by doctor carefully. Do not take the medicine in lesser or larger amount than recommended. Take the medicine orally with water and drink plenty of water while taking this medicine.
You may take Floxin with or without food. Even if your symptoms get cleared before the dosage is over do not stop taking the medicine and complete the full course.
The dosage varies from person to person and depends on the type of medical condition the patient is suffering form, along with it, age, sex, weight etc of the person is also taken into consideration. Do not skip any dose, if you miss any dose then take it immediately when you remember. But no two doses should be taken together.
Some people may experience certain side effects while taking this medicine like skin rashes, swellings, nausea, headaches, signs of tendon rupture, dizziness, and change in color of urine and stool, breathing trouble, vaginal itching, stomach discomfort, diarrhea or any other symptom may be seen. If you feel any side effect last for longer than usual or is turning severe then take immediate medical help.
While taking the medicine for the first time you need to take certain precautions like;
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to any medicine. If you are taking any other medicine then inform your doctor about it to avoid any adverse interaction
- If you are suffering from any medical history of heart, liver, kidney, diabetes, or any other serious illness then inform doctor before starting on Floxin.
- Avoid going under direct sunlight as this medicine tend to make you tanned or turn your skin darker. This medicine may make you feel dizzy so avoid driving or any such activities which need you to be alert.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding consult your doctor before taking the medicine.
- Do take the medicine under medical supervision and keep out of reach of children. Store in cool and dry place.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.