Lopid is rich in gemfibrozil. Gemfibrozil is a fibrate used in the treatment of high cholesterol levels. High levels of cholesterol in the body and in the blood are an invitation to heart disorders and disorders of the pancreas. Lopid is instrumental in lowering levels of cholesterol in the blood. It also raises levels of good cholesterol or HDL. Lopid coupled with a good diet and exercise should be used to combat high cholesterol levels. It is available in the form of a tablet of 600mg strength.
As an antihyperlipidemic agent, Lopid works its magic by pushing down the level of triglycerides in the body and raising HDL levels in the blood. The action of Lopid propels down the levels of glycogen in the liver.
For the best results, Lopid should be used as per the directions of the physician. It should be used for as long as recommended by the physician. The dosage should not be stopped abruptly. It should be consumed at the appropriate time everyday as prescribed by the physician.
How to consume Lopid
Lopid is meant to be consumed orally with water. Although the dosage may vary as per the patient's age, gender and weight, adults are recommended to take 600mg of it twice a day, half an hour before breakfast and dinner respectively.
Missing out on a dose on purpose is not recommended. If you do forget to take a dose, you could complete the dosage as and when it comes to your mind. But you should take care not to combine two doses.
You might have to observe certain dietary restrictions. A diet low in fat would be recommended for quick results. The physician would help you with the details.
Some side-effects like a pain in the stomach, nausea, yellowing of the skin, swellings, rashes, headache are of often experienced . These side-effects are not found in all the cases, but a qualified medical practitioner should be consulted immediately.
- A detailed discussion on the merits and demerits of using Lopid should be conducted with the doctor before beginning a dosage. Be sure to read the prescription and instructions carefully.
- Do consult your doctor before beginning with Lopid. He would be aware of any allergies you might have. He would be the best person to advise you how to deal with the situation when another medicine interferes with the effects of Lopid.
- Lopid could be detrimental to you if you suffer from a disorder of the heart, kidney or liver. Do consult your doctor on this.
- Some blood tests to check the levels of cholesterol in the blood may be required while on a dose of Lopid.
- A dose of Lopid could interfere in recovery from surgery, so it would be best to intimate the doctor or dentist of your subscription to Lopid before surgery.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Store at room temperature and away from heat and sunlight.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers, children and the elderly need to consult a doctor before initiating a dose of Lopid.
- Lopid is likely to produce stones in the gall-bladder or cause some problems with your liver. If you experience any symptoms, do contact your physician.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.