Casodex – Product Description
Casodex is an effective drug indicated for reducing the severity of prostate cancer in men that has transmitted to other regions in the body. The active ingredient of this medication is Bicalutamide, which lessens the speed of growth of prostate cancer by inhibiting the action of male hormones called androgens. Casodex delivers quick results when taken with hormonal treatment. As it is meant for prostate cancer, women and children must not use this drug.
Testosterone is the main male hormone, which is important for the growth of the malignant tumor of the prostate. The hormone, produced by the testicles in males, binds itself to androgen receptors on the tumor and facilitates the expansion of cancerous tumor. Bicalutamide, a non-steroidal anti-androgen, decelerate the pace of growth of tumor by restricting the release of testosterone by the testicles.
Use Casodex as per your doctor’s prescription. Wade through the patient leaflet for information. Casodex is administered orally once a day, either morning or evening, before or after the meals. Take 50 mg Casodex at the same time each day. Do not self-medicate. Ask your doctor to prescribe the correct dosage for you on the basis of medical condition and response to the medication. Regularly monitor your liver function and serum level of prostate specific antigen while using Casodex drug.
Casodex is used with luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone, or LHRH. This combination restrain the testicles to produce testosterone, and facilitate the prostate malignant tumor to reach the other regions. LHRH is injected into the body once in every 4 weeks.
Casodex side effects are high sugar level, fatigue, muscle cramps, urination difficulties, respiratory problems, anemia, reduced sex desire and skin reactions.
- Women and children must not use Casodex as it is indicated for treatment of prostate cancer.
- Casodex affects liver functioning. If you notice any untoward consequences, such as yellowing of skin, nausea, abdominal pain, dark urine, clay-colored stools and itching, seek medical intervention.
- Do not use this medication if you are allergic to the medication or its ingredient or other medications of similar nature.
- Exercise care while using Casodex if a patient suffers from diabetes or any liver or kidney problem.
- If you are using blood thinners, such as Jantoven and Warfarin, inform your doctor.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.