This medicine contains active ingredient called cyclophosphamide and is used for treatment of certain types of cancers like breast cancer, lymphoma, leukemia, multiple myeloma, mycosis fungoides, neuroblastoma, retinoblastoma, testicular cancer, lung cancer and ovarian cancer. It is generally given in combination with other medicines. It may also be used for certain kidney problems like nephritic syndrome in children.
Cytoxan is an anti-cancer or antineoplastic chemotherapy drug. Cyclophosphamide is an alkylation agent, which are most active in resting phase of cell. This drug induces beneficial immunomodulatory effects in adaptive immunotherapy. The mechanism includes elimination of T regulatory cells in tumor bearing hosts, induction of T cell growth factors, enhanced grafting of adoptively transferred, tumor reactive effectors T cells. The drug works effectively when it is taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor for the full treatment period prescribed for.
How to take Cytoxan
The dosage of Cytoxan depends on certain factors like the type of conditions a person is suffering from, severity of infection, height, weight, age and sex of the patient.
It is given orally with food or after meals. The tablets should not be crushed or chewed. Usual oral dose ranges from 1 to 5 mg/kg/day for initial and maintenance dose.
It may be prescribed for any other condition by your doctor. It is available in injection form of 500mg, 1.0mg, and 2.0mg strength and in tablet form in 25mg and 50 mg strength.
Injections are given through veins. Shot is given in muscles (IM), abdominal lining (IP) or into the lining of the lung (Intrapleural).
Drink plenty of water and urinate frequently, while taking this medicine, especially in first 24 hours of intake of medicine.
Do not skip any dose and take the medicine strictly as prescribed by your doctor.
There may be certain side effects of the medicine like low blood count which can temporarily make you anemic, temporary hair loss, nausea, poor appetite, loss of fertility, discoloration of skin and nails, diarrhea, mouth sore, unusual bleeding or any other. In case any symptom becomes severe immediately take medical help.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to any medicine or if you are taking any other medicine to avoid any adverse interaction.
- In case of pregnancy and breast feeding do not take the medicine. Do not become pregnant while taking the medicine, use precautionary methods.
- Discuss your full medical history with doctor before starting on Cytoxan.
- Avoid overcrowded places as you may be at risk of infection and wash hands regularly, as the medicine may decrease or lower the ability of your body to fight infection.
- Avoid sports or activities which could cause injury. Get plenty of rest and maintain good and nutritious diet.
- Keep the medicine, syringes, needles etc out of reach of children.
- Do not go in for any vaccination while taking Cytoxan, without consulting your doctor.
- You may need to do regular blood tests and other lab tests, do not avoid these and keep all your doctor’s appointments while taking Cytoxan.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.