|Our price||Per pill|
Atarax is used for treatment of allergic skin reactions like contact dermatitis or hives. It is used as a sedative for treatment of anxiety and tension. Together with other medicines it is given for anesthesia especially in dentistry and obstetrics. In some cases it may be given to control nausea and vomiting but not during pregnancy. It may be prescribed by your doctor for other medical conditions not mentioned here. It is available in tablet and oral suspension form.
Hydroxyzine present in Atarax helps reducing activity in central nervous system. It is an antihistamine drug which reduces the natural chemical histamine in body which is basically the cause of producing allergy symptoms like runny nose, sneezing, itching etc. For any medicine to work effectively it should be taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor. The medicine works efficiently when the level is constant in body at all times, to maintain this the medicine should be taken at regular intervals as prescribed by the doctor and at the same time everyday for full prescribed time period.
How to take Atarax
Atarax should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. It is taken orally with glass full of water. Do not take it in lesser or larger dose than prescribed by the doctor. While taking the oral suspension, it should be measured properly with the measuring cup.
Dosage depends on the medical condition and its severity for which the patient is being treated for. It also depends on other factors like age, sex, weight etc of the patient.
Do not skip any dose. If you miss any dose then take it when you remember but do not take any two doses together. In case of overdose immediately consult your doctor.
There may be certain side effects of this medicine like tremors, seizures, confusion, dizziness, headache, blurred vision, dry mouth or throat, swellings of face, lips or tongue or any other signs may be seen. Stop taking the medicine and immediately call your doctor if any symptom turns severe or lasts longer than usual.
As a precautionary measure always read the prescription label given with the medicine thoroughly before starting on any new medicine. Also take the following precautions
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to any medicine. If you have to take any other medicine along with Atarax then first consult with your doctor to avoid any adverse reaction between any two medicines.
- If you are suffering from any disease like that of heart, kidney, liver or any other then inform your doctor.
- Consult doctor before taking Atarax if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy so do not drive or take part in any activity that requires you to be alert.
- Drinking alcohol may increase certain side effects of the medicine so consult your doctor before consuming alcohol.
- Keep it out of reach of children
- Store at room temperature away from direct sunlight and moisture.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.