- Blood pressure
There are no products matching the selection.
Capoten is the brand name of the medicine used for the treatment of hypertension by inhibiting angioensin changing enzyme (ACE). Capoten inhibits the enzyme responsible for vasolidation or dilation of blood vessel and arteries. This way, Capoten tackles hypertension in patients. It dilates blood vessels and allows more space for blood to flow.
The generic name of the drug is Captopril. It is approved by the FDA. Besides controlling hypertension, it is effective in dealing with some other situations too.
- Myocardial infarction in the human heart muscle
- Preservation of human kidney function in those with diabetic nephropathy
- Congestive cardiac issue or failure
Capoten works its magic by inhibiting angiotensin adapting enzyme. The enzyme interferes with the conersion of angiotensin I to angiotensin II. It reduces aldestrone secretion in the body. This is responsible for the control it holds over hypertension.
How to Take Capoten?
Capoten is supposed to be ingested a few hours before taking meals. Food might interfere in the successful absorption of Capoten in the blood.
The ideal dose is 25mg twice or thrice a day. But the ideal dose would be determined by the condition of the heart of the patient, the type of disorder affecting the individual, and the age of the patient.
The dose might be increased to 50mg twice or thrice a day. A beta blocker or diuretic could be prescribed in combination with Capoten if it can't deliver the miracle by itself. The individual dose might be raised to 450mg per day.
Carpoten falls under the pregnancy category D drug. It cannot be taken during pregnancy, specially till the third trimester. It could hinder the normal development of the fetus if it did.
Capoten interacts with some ingredients of other drugs as lithium. This could be toxic and fatal. Vasodilator medications should not be taken along with Capoten.
Punctuality and regularity needs to be observed while consuming Capoten for effective results. It is not advised to miss out on a dose. if a particular dose is forgotten, it must be made up for whenever one is reminded of it. But double doses should never be taken to compensate for a missed dose.
Although the consumption of Capoten is associated with minimal side-effects, you might encounter some of these side-effects stated below.
- Drowsiness, dizziness, headache
- Loss of appetite, loss of taste sensation
- Mild skin rash or itching
- Diarrhea, nausea and constipation
- Dry mouth,
- And Insomnia
- Those with a defective renal mechanism should consult a physician before trying it out because Capoten is excreted through the urine.
- Those allergic to Capoten should not take up a dose, and the same applies for pregnant ladies.
- The dosage should be taken only under the supervision of a medical practitioner.
- Cpoten is likely to interfere with the results of several lab tests. So, tests of any sort are bound to go wrong. This must be borne in mind.
- Consumption of alcohol should be avoided while subscribing to Capoten as it could be productive of some side-effects.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.