|Our price||Per pill|
Cancer is attempted to be treated b y chemotherapy, radiation or surgery. It often results in vomiting. Zofran is used to prevent this nausea and vomiting. But it is not useful in controlling the bouts of nausea and vomiting caused by motion sickness or pregnancy.
Because of its high cost, the medicine is only used in treating post operative nausea and vomiting. It also finds application in vomiting and nausea caused by chemotherapy. But it could also be prescribed for several other conditions. It is available in tablet format, There are tablets of 4mg and 8mg. It is also available in the form of an oral solution.
Ondansetron is responsible for the magic of Zofran. This is an antiemetic agent that blocks the path of chemicals responsible for nausea and vomiting.
Like all other medicines, this too is found to be the best when taken exactly as per the physician's prescription. Zofran works the most effectively when the doctor's recommendation is followed to the last word even if you need to take the medicine before the surgery. The medicine might be taken as and when it is needed for it to work effectively.
How to take Zofran
Zofran is designed to be ingested through the mouth with water. It is an ODT, which means it would dissolve on the surface of the tongue before it could be swallowed. It should not be crushed or chewed.
Adults are supposed to take about 24mg of Zofran in a day in three doses of 8mg tablets. For best results, the first tablet is administered about 30 minutes before the chemotherapy session. The appropriate dosage would depend on the patient's age, gender and weight. It may also vary from individual to individual.
It is not recommended to change the prescribed dose in any case. The proper measure should be used when dealing with the liquid form of Zofran.
Never miss on a dose deliberately. If a dose is missed by mistake, be sure to take it as soon as you are reminded of it. Never take two doses at one go to make up for the lost dose.
Some side-effects like nausea, headache, diarrhea, dizziness, confusion, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, decreased urination or a pain while urinating, any sort of pains or aches, rashes or allergies could also be experienced. The physician's help should be sought immediately.
- Follow the doctor's prescription to the last word in whatever you do with the medicine.
- The physician should be informed and his advice should be sought when taking any other medication along with Zofran. He should be informed if you are allergic to anything. He would provide you with the best advice.
- The doctor should be consulted if Zofran requires administration in case of children, the elderly or those with renal problems.
- Keep all medicines including Zofran well out of reach of children.
- Store at room temperature, away from heat and moisture.
- Do tell your doctor is you have a family history of any major disorder of the heart, kidney, liver or long qt syndrome. He would advise you properly.
- The physician would be the best person to advice you if you are pregnant, or planning to get pregnant, or are breast feeding a baby, and you still want to take Zofran. His words should be followed.
- Zofran does make you a bit dizzy, so never drive or indulge in any activity that requires you to be active and alert when under the dose of Zofran.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.