Aldactone (Spironolactone) - Medical Facts You Need To Know About This Drug
What is Aldactone?
Aldactone (Spironolactone) is used as a diuretic and anti-hypertensive drug. The generic name of Aldactone is Spironolactonl. This is a drug which has been approved by the FDA since 1985. Manufactured and marketed by Pfizer Aldactone is a potassium strain diuretic drug which prevents excess absorption of salt and regulates the potassium levels in the body.
Aldactone is used for treating the following conditions, among others:
2. congestive heart failure
3. nephrotic syndrome
4. cirrhosis of the liver
How To Use The Drug?
Aldactone is available in the form of tablets of 25mg, 50mg and 100 mg. It can be taken both on empty stomach and after food. The daily dose of Aldactone varies from 25 mg to 100 mg in single or divided doses. The doses are prescribed according to the condition, weight and age of the patient.
Precautions and contraindications regarding Aldactone
• Aldactone can interfere with the results in blood tests, so before going for tests you should inform your doctor that you are on this medication.
• Drinking alcohol, smoking and consuming too much salt in your diet should be avoided while you are on this medication.
• Aldactone should not to be taken by people who are allergic to Spironolactone.
• You should not use Aldactone if you have a medical history of kidney or liver problems, if you are taking any type of steroids or diuretic drugs, or if you are suffering from hyperkalemia (low levels of potassium in your blood).
• It is not well established whether Aldactone is harmful to the fetus, so you should consult your doctor if you are pregnant. You also need to inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
5 Top Benefits Of Aldactone
• Aldactone is manufactured and marketed by Pfizer, which is one of the most trusted companies in the world and hence, you are assured of the quality of the drug you are buying and using.
• This is a drug that has been used for a very long time without any adverse effects.
• It is approved by the FDA since October 1985.
• Aldactone is highly effective in treating conditions such as edema, congestive heart failure, nephritic syndrome, cirrhosis of the liver, hyperkalemia. This is a popular drug because it causes minimum side effects, if any.
• Aldactone is easily available online and offline. It is economically priced and hence, within the reach of everyone.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.
Create New Account