Inderal or Propranolol is one of the most popular non-selective beta-blocker used to safeguard against potential second hart attacks. It is believed to have anti-hypertensive effects, and is able to treat anxiety and panic. Propranolol hydrochloride is the beta-blocker found in Inderal.
Beta-blockers are effective and efficient agents responsible for the proper functioning of the heart. It is also instrumental in ensuring proper circulation of blood through the arteries and veins. Inderal is found to be an effective treatment for disorders of the circulatory system like hypertension, chest ailments and disturbed heartbeats. It also finds application in treating headaches, migraine and other disorders of the heart.
Some key benefits of using Inderal are
- Disorders of the circulatory system like hypertension, tremors, myocardial infarction, migraines, strokes, angina, etc. are easily managed by the use of Inderal.
- Inderal finds use when dealing with extremely powerful headaches and anxiety.
- Inderal finds application in managing the aggressive behavior of individuals besides being used as a psychiatric drug to remedy the side-effects of different anti-psychotic medicines.
Propranolol (Inderal) works as an effective non-selective beta-blocker which treats hypertension, anxiety, panic and several other heart-related disorders. In general, beta-blockers regulate the circulation of blood through the body through arteries and veins.
How to Take Inderal?
Inderal is available in the liquid form to be consumed orally. The appropriate doses of the medication need to be calibrated with care to deal out the appropriate measure. It ought to be consumed two to four times in a day in the ideal setting.
The actual dose administered to patients would be determined by several factors like the state in which the patient finds himself in, and the response his or her body gives to the medication. Punctuality in dealing with the doses and regularity in accepting the doses would go a long way in effecting a good and healthy being.
Those individuals already on a treatment for excessive cholesterol, should make sure they take a dose of Propranolol one hour before consuming the drug. Another important point to be noted is that Inderal should never be used after acute heart attacks. It should be used to prevent symptoms of heart-attacks.
Some side-effects are bound to occur. They could be listed as
- Hands and feet feel cold
- Sudden weakness, loss of coordination or problem in seeing
- Slow heartbeats or even uneven heartbeats
- Wheezing or having trouble in breathing
- Inderal is not recommended to be used by those who find themselves allergic to Propranolol.
Inderal is not recommended for those susceptible to heart attacks or asthma attacks.
- Those looking forward to surgeries in the near future should not aim for using Inderal before a surgery.
- Inderal should always be consumed under the watchful supervision of a medical practitioner.
- Consuming alcohol while on a dose of Inderal could prove to be detrimental to the overall health of the individual.
- Women who look forward to delivering a baby in the near future should consult a medical practitioner before trying out Inderal.