|Our price||Per pill|
Augmentin – Medical Facts You Should Know About This Antibiotic
Amoxicillin is combination antibiotic. It consists of comounds such as lactam antibiotic, some lactamase inhibitor, potassium clavulanate and amoxicillin trihydrate. Augmentin is used to treat bacterial infections of the mouth, skin, respiratory tract and urinary tract.
This medicine was invented by British scientists around the years 1977- 1978. It got its approval from FDA in the year 1984. It is sold under many brand names such as Amoclav, Augpen, Clavamox, Finemox, Klavocin to name a few.
How to use Augmentin?
Use Augmentin as advised by your doctor. The dosage amount depends upon the type of infection you are suffering from.
This medicine is available as tablets, oral suspension and chewable tablets. The tablet should be taken orally, with a glass of water. Normally the dosage is divided into 2-3 times per day. Oral suspension is also available. You would be required to take water, mix it with the powdered medicine and make the liquid as per instructions. The oral suspension is available in many flavors like banana and orange. Chewable tablets, too, come in different flavors.
This medicine can be taken with or without food. For better results, always take it 15 to 20 minutes before having your meals.
You need not worry in case you miss some doses. But ensure that you do not take extra doses in order to make up with the missed ones.
Augmentin should be stored at temperatures below 25 degrees C. The liquid, if prepared, should be refrigerated.
Throw away the liquid after 10 days of preparation.
What Precautions should be taken when using Augmentin?
• Those suffering from hepatic dysfunction, mononucleosis, kidney disease and/ or liver disease should take this drug only under supervision of a doctor.
• Inform your doctor if you are suffering from any allergies to penicillin since this medicine contains penicillin though in very small amounts.
• If you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant or your are breastfeeding do not take this drug unless you have consulted a doctor.
What are the benefits of using Augmentin?
There are many benefits you will enjoy from this drug among which a few are listed below:
• Since Augmentin is an FDA approved drug, it is safe for use.
• It has proved very effective in treating bacterial infections over these years.
• It is readily available both online and offline.
• It is convenient for use in children and senior people as oral suspension and chewable tablets of medicine are available.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.